Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pickled Okra/Asparagus/Beans

It's that time of year  - Time to Pickle!  Well, not quite yet for me because I had a slow start to my garden and am not overrun yet but I know the day will be coming.  I have received a couple of requests for our pickling recipe so I thought I would post it for everyone's use.

Pickled Okra/Beans/Asparagus - whatever you might want to pickle

For each Pint jar you will  need:
1/2 Cup Dark Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/2 Cup Water
3-6 Tablespoons Sugar
Heat in pan til boiling

In each Pint jar put:
2-4 Cut Cloves of Garlic
1-2 Whole Cloves
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1-2 Dried Red Chilis (Red Pepper Flakes)

Adjust the seasonings to your own particular taste.  We don't use as many cloves as shown, but will often add more garlic and/or red pepper flakes.

Put Okra in Pint jar, fill with vinegar brine, leaving 1/2" headspace.  Put on Lid.  Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment